Thursday, January 29, 2009

Freelance Contributor, Extraordinaire


I can now add Freelance Contributor to my curricula vitae, albeit short lived!

Yes, it's true. I received a call from an acquaintance who is working as the editor for a small weekly paper about needing a Freelance Contributor to cover two local school districts. This happened about three months ago and I have published four articles since.

The nicer thing about writing for newspaper versus magazine is that the editor doesn't change as much, just edits for style and content. Now I have more "real" clips to add to my credits and more entries for my writer's resume. May it never end!

I'm still looking and hoping to find a part- or full-time steady paying writer's job, but, in the meantime, I'm going to continue working as a freelance writer and am that much closer to becoming the Real Writer I've longed to be.

No comments: