Monday, June 9, 2008

Skool's Out for Summer


Today is the first official day of summer vacation.

And what's happening at Merry's house?

We have been watching movies all morning! First it was daughter's movie, something about Part II of Little Orphan Annie, and then son's movie, Space Jam. I missed LOA, but tuned in for Space Jam, and have to say it was pretty good and funny. I look at it this way, if I didn't watch many movies ten years ago because I had little babies, then I get to watch them all now because I have big kids.

So, what's next on the day's agenda?

The Mother of all Projects ... CLEAN THE KIDS' BEDROOMS!

That's one project that's at the tippy-top on my list of Personal Favorite Things To Do. (yuck!) But upon Impending Doom of Death by toys, stuffed animals, clothes, books, shoes and you-name-it, all of which could topple onto my children at any moment, I must clean their rooms. After all, I do love them, even if it's just a little bit, especially now that's it's Officially Summer Vacation and I am facing three months of hard time and being driven into Swirling Vortex after Swirling Vortex of Confusion by them... The least I can do is clean their rooms. (hehe)

So, after I finish blogging this, checking my email, watching the Newz at Newn, making lunch, oh, almost forgot, letting the dog inside, talking on the phone and, uh, doing whatever else I possibly can do other than cleaning the rooms, I will go upstairs directly, with the kids, and begin!

Sounds like a plan doesn't it?

I thought you'd agree with me.

So, other than the Bedrooms Project, what am I planning to do with these kids all summer long?

I have absolutely no clue.


<< Suffering from a lack of ideas, Super Mom declares an Emergency Brainstorming Session where she draws up a Plan of Action to SAVE SUMMER!

Hooray for Super Mom! [Cheers and Applause]

To be continued... >>

No comments: